Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Bansagar canal project in Uttar Pradesh’s Mirzapur today (July 15) and laid the foundation stone of Mirzapur Medical College.
PM Modi, who is on a two-day visit to Uttar Pradesh, will also inaugurate 108 Jan Aushadhi Kendras, which offer generic medicines at affordable prices, under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) and a bridge over river Ganga, which will improve connectivity between Mirzapur and Varanasi.
He is also addressing a public rally in Mirzapur. Here are the key highlights from his rally:
- The PM told said in the rally that his government is working day and night for the development of the farmers of this country. “We want to double the income of farmers of this country by 2022. I urge farmers of this country to take maximum advantage of govt schemes for them to double their income,” he said.
- We are taking one step after the other to bridge the gap between the rich and poor. Result will soon be out for everyone to see. The poor can now look you in the eyes, confidently: PM Modi
- Those who are indulging in politics now in the name of farmers had no time to raise the prices of MSP (Minimum Support Price). They sat on those files. BJP has increased MSP by 1.5 times. UP and other farmers of Purvanchal will benefit a lot from this decision
- Bansagar canal project will fulfill the dreams of people of this region. A 300 crore project which started in 70’s has been completed after spending Rs 3,500 crore today: PM Modi
- “Those who are shedding crocodile tears for farmers today should be asked that why the irrigation projects were left incomplete throughout the nation during their tenure,” PM Modi said.
- Previous governments used to come up with incomplete projects and stall them. You are the people who suffered through all of that. Had this project been completed beforehand, you would have been benefitted by it two decades back: PM Modi
- Since the time BJP-NDA government has come to power, the development work in Purvanchal has accelerated and its results can be seen by everyone today,” PM Modi said while addressing a rally in Mirzapur.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, who is also present at the event, said, “13 medical colleges were built all together in UP since independence. PM Modi has given 13 medical colleges including AIIMS and Cancer Treatment Institute in just four years.”
(With inputs from Rohit Kumar Singh)